How to properly tune into an operation, choose a plastic surgeon. What tests need to be done and how to properly prepare the body for surgery.
The very first thing that needs to be done before a plastic surgery is to realize its necessity. Of course, there is no limit to perfection and if one talks like this, then in each person you can find faults that require some correction. But where is the very face, between reasonable necessity and excess? This face is in every person's head, and each one is different. Any person, first of all, wants to like himself and then to others.
This, perhaps, is the most crucial stage of the plastic surgery. Each patient should decide whether the doctor inspires him and if he is able to achieve the result that the patient will satisfy. The result, of course, depends on the surgeon's experience. But none, the most experienced and expensive surgeon cannot guarantee an impeccable result. This can happen for 3 reasons:
1. Exaggerated expectations of the patient.
2. Features of the body.
3. Technical errors.
It's not always possible to get a nose like a Hollywood star. Each person has its own characteristics, which must be considered. The reaction of the body can be completely different, as a result of which complications are possible (especially in smoking patients), and deviations from the expected result. Technical inaccuracies can include both inaccuracies performed by the surgeon during the operation, and non-compliance by the patient with recommendations in the postoperative period. A minor trauma to the operated organ after surgery can cross out even an ideally performed plastic surgery.
In each clinic, the list of analyzes can be different. If the patient has any chronic diseases of concern, the doctor may prescribe additional studies. Usually, the list of tests includes a general blood test, general urine analysis, ECG, fluorography, blood tests for antibodies to syphilis, coagulogram, and ultrasound of the mammary glands during operations on the chest. The shelf life of the tests is 2 weeks, fluorography - 1 year.
If you smoke, you need to try to give up this addiction, at least for a while. Smoking significantly increases the risk of various complications, as the supply to damaged tissues of oxygen decreases. There are no specific terms, which must necessarily be left with this habit, but we can say unequivocally: the less you smoke the better for your body.
If the operation is planned in the morning, you can have dinner easily from the evening. If the operation is planned in the afternoon, a light breakfast in the form of a sandwich with tea is possible in the morning.
If you have taken any drugs that dilute the blood, you must cancel them by consulting the doctor. As for other medicines, it is mandatory that they should be approved by the doctor.
In addition, before the operation, it is necessary to stock up with painkillers and antibiotics (if necessary).
Once again, it is worth noting that none, even the most experienced surgeon, can guarantee an ideal result, but every plastic surgeon can and must guarantee a human attitude to the patient, not only for consultations but also after surgery. The dissatisfaction of the patient is a problem and the doctor including.
Useful Tips for a quick and effective recovery after plastic surgery (Care after plastic surgery):
Everyone wants to get the best result after a plastic or cosmetic procedure, but not all of us know exactly what to do after leaving the operating room, and how important post-operative care is, as well as the procedure itself!
Realizing the importance of postoperative care, our team of plastic experts made an analysis of some of the patients that we helped in the last 5 years and prepared several key facts that our clients should know when plastics in Korea:
Puffiness: After any procedure, regardless of its complexity, the patient will have some time of swelling. The dynamics of rehabilitation always depends on the health of each person and the condition of the skin. After complicated procedures, swelling may increase after 2 - 3 days and begin to subside after 3 to 4 days. You need to follow the next instruction, in order for this process to pass less painless:
· Try to spend as much time as possible in the direct position (you can walk or sit).
· At night, place the pillows so that you keep your head as straight as possible. So that you can rest, but watch your condition.
· Use the ice packs that you will receive at the clinic (our partners provide them for free). Apply it within 3 to 5 days after the operation. Wrap the ice pack in the material to avoid irritating the skin.
Post-operative bleeding: It is normal to have a small bleeding in the places of scars, but you should not let this bleeding go unnoticed and let everything go by itself. If bleeding goes beyond the normal range of time (10-15 minutes), or you see an infection, redness around, feel a fever or unbearable pain, you should immediately report it to your medical coordinator or directly to the doctor. In addition, carefully follow the schedule of your dressing’s appointments.
· If you have a slight bleeding in the scar area immediately after surgery, or within 2 to 3 days later - this is normal. Keep this area clean, use a new gauze, do not use toilet paper!
· Follow the schedule that your doctor will appoint, and do not remove the bandage before taking. Bandaging is also important, like antibiotics, to prevent infection.
Medications, ointments, diet, and shower: Everything that you do with your body after any plastic procedure has a huge impact on the recovery period and effectiveness. Below is an unspoken list of what you should do to ensure the best possible result for your recovery:
· The use of ointments (if it is certainly prescribed by a doctor) is a good and simplest method to keep the scar area clean.
· The doctor will prescribe antibiotics for you within the next days after the procedure. Make sure that you take them on time.
· You can eat anything you want after the operation or procedure. Nevertheless, we would like to offer you a balanced diet, full of antioxidants and without spicy and spicy foods. In addition, additional proven advice: eat pineapple before and after a plastic procedure - this helps reduce puffiness! Yes, it's a fact. Oh! And no alcohol and cigarettes, please!
· The doctor may recommend not taking a shower for the next 2-3 days. After that, you can take a shower (finally!), But notice that you need to avoid the area of scars. The good news: you can skip the gym for a month. You also can not lift weights. The main message of this advice is not to make any drastic movements within the next month after the operation.
All of these recommendations are only part of what doctors usually point out and you should always follow any additional prescriptions that the plastic surgeon gives you. They know what they are doing. Remember that when you travel with a medical tourism agency, you can also ask them about places of food, accommodation and more detailed information to make your trip more comfortable and effective.