When you are serious about staying for some time in a tent, sudden snowfalls, a couple of avalanches and the detection of frozen bodies of some missing tourists are unlikely to be able to keep you going to a small camping site under the winter sky.
Cold weather becomes only an invigorating bonus to your hiking trip and prompts to pack additional warm clothes, so when the spring thaw comes, you will definitely not be found under the snow cover clutching a disposable lighter in your hand. Get the right equipment, and the winter camping will turn into a completely new kind of winter fun.
There is one main rule: to prevent hypothermia. Everything that is in your car or on your back should be aimed at keeping the heat. Up to food, everything needs to be taken with the calculation just for that. You must have assistance in case something goes wrong. Especially for you, we have prepared 7 things for winter camping.
Relaxing in the summer is a great experience, you can see the nature in full bloom and have a good time with friends or with your family outdoors.
Summer offers good adventures; winter is very different kinds of entertainment.
With an untouched snow cover around you in a cool fresh atmosphere. Rest in the cold season is definitely worth a try. However, as with other winter events, there are several points that need to be considered before going on a camping trip. A low temperature simply needs to be taken into account. You have to carry in the cold weather with a significant equipment and clothing.
In this section, find out what you need to include in the winter preparation plan:
· Know the territory of the campsite and the ability of each person in the group. Take into account the path that you are going to go through and the level of snow in the area.
· Stay warm - the main thing when spending the night in the open in winter. Wear three layers of clothing. The first should be thermal underwear, then a layer of clothing with good insulating qualities and an outer layer. This type of clothing will keep you warm and dry. To adapt to temperature changes, it is sufficient to remove or coat layers. However, do not wear too many layers, this will limit your movements and make you sweat. For winter clothes made of wool are ideal, this material is quite strong and perfectly warms.
· A large amount of heat is lost through the head, so do not forget to put on a hat or a balaclava.
· Use 4-season tourist tents, they are strong enough to withstand the windy and snowy weather.
· Dry air causes us to lose heat faster. Drink plenty of water to generate heat and prevent dehydration.
· Hypothermia and frostbite are problems accompanying the winter period. It is important to be able to identify in advance, prevent and treat hypothermia and frostbite, keep this in mind before heading out in the winter.
· In winter, cooking takes longer, so try to carry with you simple cooking products, such as fast food.
Make sure that your foods are rich in proteins and carbohydrates, which will give you energy for proper functioning and clear thinking in cold weather.
Winter outdoor recreation is a great opportunity to be alone with nature and see camping from a different point of view. As they say, the best way to understand the action is to make it.
With sufficient preparation, you will get both experience and pleasure on holiday in winter.
Made of nylon and having a two-walled design, the Fury weighs only 3 kilograms and is ideal for mountaineering or cozy camping in poor conditions. Thanks to its sturdy frame, you can easily install a tent even in the Stormwind and winter gloves.
Usually, sleeping bags designed for temperatures below zero are large in size and weight, but the Phantom weighs no more than three kilograms. It is waterproof and fits you like a second skin, and a special ergonomic collar does not let cold air pass.
Designed to minimize space, but nevertheless capable of warming up your favorite camping food, this oven is able to work even in the most inappropriate conditions, so you can get the calories you need in the icy wilderness.
You can put these warmers in mittens, put in your boots or in a sleeping bag. Thin and high-tech warmers provide unrivaled warmth.
Wisdom suggests that you must have at least three ways to fire. And let this waterproof cylinder with 25 matches be one of them. It can become a source of fire for 15 seconds, even if you immerse it in water.
They are really waterproof, and you do not have to worry about dampness while you are in them. When the temperature rises, you can pull out the lining from them, staying in warm and breathable mittens.
Several design options allow you to choose the most suitable for the style of your winter camping, and thanks to a light cover you can quickly access your cocoa, tea or coffee in Irish without removing the gloves. A secure lock keeps the lid in place and does not allow contents to spill out.