People's methods of planning income and expenditure are commented on by financial advice.
We collected recipes on online forums on how to learn how to live from salary to salary without getting into debt. And they asked the economist, personal finance specialist to estimate how vital these councils are.
For what it suits: if you need to learn how to fit into a certain budget, stop spending the whole pay for the first three days, and spend the rest of the month on bread and water.
How it works: all the monthly income of a family is divided into five equal parts-envelopes. In a week it is possible to spend strictly the amount from one envelope. The fifth envelope is for the tail of the month, and the rest of it is put aside in the untouchable stock.
Suitable for those who did not think about financial discipline. But if the family's income is floating - then densely, then empty, as well as large loans such as mortgages, it will not work. In this case, mandatory payments (utility, credit, education, etc.) are to be deducted from the income immediately and put in a separate envelope. And the rest is already divided into five parts.
And still: still this method is good only for a limited time. For example, while the wife is on maternity leave and the family has to live on one salary of her husband because this method does not involve large expenditures and serious savings.
For what it is suitable: to plan the family budget so that no one is deprived.
How it works: All the monthly income of the family is divided into 6 piggy envelopes (imaginary ones can be possible, but at first it is better to use ordinary, paper).
· 10% - inviolable stock (it is better to store it on a convenient deposit).
· 10% - large expenses of the family (for example, for a future apartment, large appliances, or a fur coat).
· 55% - current expenses. This includes food, utility bills, transportation costs, clothing costs, etc. If you cannot keep up with your monthly expenses, it's time to revise them and look for reserves to save.
· 10% - money for development and training. Refresher courses, purchase of business literature, etc.
· 10% - expenses for entertainment and leisure. Do not skip on these expenses, without going to the movies, theaters, investing in a hobby will not last long. Now and then the question will arise, why such an economy and when, in fact, live.
· 5% - charity. If possible, you need to help others. Then good will come back to you. This amount includes donations to charitable foundations, assistance to volunteer organizations, charities, etc.
Check out discounts on clothing Old Navy Coupons, Shein Coupon codes, ASOS Coupons
This variant of planning the family budget is good because it can live for decades. But loans with such planning are not provided. A mortgage, for example, in our realities for families with an average income is more profitable than trying to save up on housing independently.
Doubts cause 10 percent for self-development: the purchase of business literature is not so expensive, professional development has its limit. And short-term courses, seminars, etc. - are often just ways to raise funds from a trustful population. Before enrolling in them, thoroughly study the program in order to understand: do you need it?
What is good for a way to save and increase money.
How it works: Monthly leave yourself the amount necessary for living, compulsory payments, food, transportation costs, change of wardrobe, and entertainment. How much you need to leave, you can find out regularly, at least for six months, by counting your expenses. All that is over, put on deposit to the bank, choose the highest percentage of all offers. Well, if it's a deposit without the possibility of withdrawing the deposit. On it and the percentage is higher, and it is more difficult to succumb to temptation and squander everything.
See discounts on Travel Expedia Coupons, Booking.com Coupon codes, Airbnb Coupons
It's good that the nest is offered to be carried to the bank, and not put under the mattress. But still, in order to generate income, money must work. That is, they need to be invested in the economy, seriously doing it. A deposit is a good way to save savings from inflation. To earn big sums on them is unlikely to succeed. And by the way, when going to open a deposit account, focus more on the solidity of the bank than on its generosity. Remember that the insured deposits up to 11140 US Dollars, and try not to exceed this threshold, if you are not sure about the reliability of the credit institution.
For what it suits: Your income allows you to make ends meet. But really want to go on a trip! Or change the car. Or make repairs in the bathroom. Or ... just do not list.
How it works: Determine when you really need to buy this item. Suppose next summer you need to make repairs in the bathroom, which will pull by $1600 (prices are approximate) until next June 10 months. So, every month you have to put $160 in an envelope. And the rest can dispose of anything. An envelope for enhancing motivation can be signed "on a new bathroom", or even better - provide a picture with the design of your dream bathroom.
Good for those who know how to set realistic goals. And will not want to change the Prius" to Rolls- Royce" for six months. But there is a nuance if you plan to spend a long time, pawn more, because the goods and services can rise in price. Another way is suitable for those who have a stable but low income, for example, pensioners.
If suddenly life has put you in austerity, analyze spending. There certainly are hidden reserves. So, what often piles up the budget?
· Public catering. Restaurants, cafes, popcorn before a movie session. It is possible to refuse these expenses painlessly. True, if you know that this is not forever, but say, to an early increase in wages.
· Snacks in the office. Carry food from home with you. Give up coffee from the vending machine: it's more profitable to brew tea or coffee. And the water in the cooler is usually free.
· Personal car. Most often, you can win several hundred dollars, refusing to travel on the route homework - home. Gasoline, parking, car washing - all this is unnoticeable by the end of the month is formed in quite a decent amount.Obsolete tariff plans for communication and TV. Get a rule - once a year to review contracts with mobile companies, Internet, and TV signal providers. Their services are constantly becoming cheaper for newly connected people. And if you are an old customer, you may be paying for the most unprofitable tariffs that have remained since the "prehistoric" times.