Almost half the family budget of the average family remains in supermarkets, markets and grocery stores near the house. How to get out of the supermarket with money in your wallet? How to learn how to save on products, without denying yourself a full healthy diet. It would seem impossible, but still, there are several ways to save on food, thanks to which you can save up to 30% of the family budget per month.
Recently, a blitz survey was conducted among ordinary people about what they would choose - life without restrictions or savings on food and whether they perceive the notion of saving on food.
It is worth saying that the results were mixed. Many answered that they do not know how to save on food. Recipes choose simple ones to save money on travel.
Others argued for a strict economy in food and a planned family budget, which results in the accumulation of money. Still, others think that they already save, because they only eat at home and do not buy semi-finished products.
The fourth consider that saving on food is important only if you need to save a certain amount for a substantial purchase and should only concern those products (cakes, ice cream) without which you can do without. Another group of people tends to think that you need to save on food only when saving ends. Others do not know how to save on food, and they are not even going to learn.
If, on the other hand, they are based on the opinions of expert nutritionists, it turns out that saving on food is possible, but it will not do any harm to health since it is expensive products that should be abandoned or limited by their eating, which is the most harmful to health.
1. Do not go shopping hungry and do not take a credit card. Pay only cash, so you will know how much money was spent.
2. Do not use semi-finished products and learn how to cook them yourself. Then you will indifferently pass by shelves of half-finished products, sausages, and baked goods. In addition, your home-cooked dishes will not contain preservatives, dyes, and other inorganic additives.
3. Involve the family in the preparation of semi-finished products like cutlets. All this can be frozen for a long time, and if necessary, you can quickly make dinner. It is very productive to cook for future television series or shows.
4. Make a menu for a week. Then you will know exactly what you have for dinner, and tomorrow for breakfast. You can rationally use the products, using them for cooking on different days. Buy products less often and according to the compiled menu. Thus, the products will be used completely, will not remain and deteriorate. The savings on products will be substantial. In addition, you will save time, because do not have to run several times to the store.
5. Go for groceries (your menu is very useful for a week). Do not step back from the list, and write up the desires you want in the menu for the next week.
6. Do not forget to take a discount card to save on products.
7. Take a shopping bag with you, do not buy it in the store. If you are not indifferent to nature, then take a tissue eco-bag with you to the store. It is not torn, stretched and created from natural materials, which at the end of the life of the bag can be absorbed by nature.
8. Choose goods from the lower shelves of supermarkets and from the far corners of the shelves. The first one is cheaper, the second one is fresh.
In supermarkets, you are interested in buying a more expensive product - it is placed at eye level, and that the buyer takes the goods, the storage period of which will soon end - it is placed in the first row on the store shelves.
9. Buy the chassis in your family for long-term storage from wholesale suppliers. Sugar, potatoes, and cereals can be bought in large bags - it's much cheaper. Cooperate in this matter with relatives, friends or neighbors.
10. Pay attention to the local manufacturer, because its costs for transport, sales and advertising are significantly less, so local products are cheaper.
11. More often go to the market - in a season in the markets the products are fresh, and in the evening even cheaper.
12. Remember the seasonality of vegetables and fruits. In the season they are more useful and cheaper. If you have a good freezer, then master the art of freezing food, especially berries and greens. This will help save money on products in the winter.
13. Make workpieces for the winter. Jam, canned vegetables, soup preparations, etc. - allow you to save the family budget and make up for the lack of vitamins in your body in winter.
14. Buy meat and fish with the mind. The whole chicken is cheaper than in parts, and from the paws and wings, you can make soup. From inexpensive beef, you can also cook a variety of delicious dishes, while the energy value and the content of useful substances will be the same as that of a dish from the expensive tenderloin.
From the head of a redfish, you will get a delicious ear or fish broth for Japanese soups. Do not forget about the by-products of them, too, you can cook a variety of delicious dishes.
15. Take food with you to work, do not buy coffee in the machine, and get a jar of natural coffee in a desk drawer. Quality will be higher, and the savings are substantial.
After 2-3 months of such savings on products, you will realize that your family has started to eat more diversely and deliciously. In addition, you will feel a rush of energy, because began to eat healthy food, while the cost of food significantly decreased.
Some believe that it is more profitable to go shopping every day, some choose one hike a week, and even less often, buying goods for future use. It is impossible to say which approach is more beneficial.
The main thing is to go to the outlet, after writing a list of the necessary goods and postponing the amount necessary to pay for the purchase.
But, experts say that with increasing frequency of visits to the store, the risk of buying products, without which you can do well.
Experts believe that the economy needs to start in the process of choosing a product, because subconsciously people choose a product for the beauty of packaging, and not for composition. As a result, the most expensive product is bought, but this does not guarantee its quality. Begin inspection from the price, then read the composition and only then look at the packaging design.
In addition, it is worth paying attention to discount, bonus programs of stores, as well as shares. At first glance, you will not be able to save much, but if you calculate how much money was saved in a month, you will be surprised.